Saturday, December 12, 2009

AP: デザートコレクション (Dessert Collection)

It's the winter season again (as the snow outside my window has reminded me), and though I really dislike the cold and ice (and sometimes the snow), Angelic Pretty has always given me something to look forward to during this time of the year. More or less annually around this time, I've seen them release a velveteen series, and more or less they have been very promising (e.g. Puppet Circus and Chandelier).

This year is no exception, as AP's new series, デザートコレクション (Dessert Collection), has gotten many lolitas in a buzz on twitter!

To me, it's sort of a nice change from their over-the-top animal/print themed series (i.e. Milky-chan series, anyone?). I'm not saying that I don't love over-the-top, but I feel that it is rather difficult to wear outside of a lolita meetup, or a photoshoot. But of course, my opinion is still rather biased, given my love for classic styles.

I wonder if this series will be so popular that scalpers will resell it at exorbitant prices (and already it's at a pretty steep price, for me to purchase it would costly almost $600 including shipping and customs, just for the onepiece alone!), or perhaps it will spawn another group of knockoff sellers and will eventually lead to a frenzy of purchasing and scamming (an example of this: cruxcomissa/belle-bete)?

Anyways, the Dessert Collection series comes in a variety of colours (off-white, pink, sax, and black paired with gold) as well as being a very diverse series, that allows you to wear the dessert collection (almost) from head to toe:

(click on either the item's name or picture to direct yourself to AP's webshoppe)


pictured above: Dessert Collection onepiece and jumperskirt in off-white


pictured above: Dessert Collection skirt in off-white


pictured above: Dessert collection blouse and cutsew in white


pictured above: Dessert Collection headbow and bonnet in off-white.


pictured above: Dessert Collection socks in off-white and necklace in gold.


pictured above, Dessert Collection parasol in white.

No comments:

Post a Comment