Thursday, December 10, 2009

forever 21: xxi twist: très paris

Forever 21 has a new xxi twist collection called très paris. It will be released soon, but I thought "why not have a look at the lookbook, as usual, before deciding whether or not I will trek downtown to have a look at the items in person?".

Ever since Forever 21 has started their twist xxi collections, beginning with summer '09 -- which, I have been told by someone who works at the store, were originally planned so that each collection would be sold in the stores for about two weeks until the next collection rolls in, though I doubt that this is happening in Canada-- I have always had high expectations for them, since there are always items I'm interested in buying. This time, I'm interested in the white knitted beret (images 1 and 2), black gloves with crocheted roses (image 3).

However, it seems that once I walk into the store, the items are a little different than what I initially thought. Sometimes the items feel overpriced (for virtually 'disposable, fast-fashion' clothing), or the material that is used doesn't seem very nice in person. But there are always those who find it alright for the price and quality. I suppose that if I were not so picky, there would be a lot of items that I would have bought, though with the lack of funds (and the much needed work clothes)... I will decide fully before I want to buy their clothing.

(click on the thumbnail for a larger size)









No comments:

Post a Comment